We have revisited and revised our policy on entry refunds, deferrals and transfers to provide more athlete flexibility for event participation. A link to this policy will be included in the registration process, whereby participants must indicate that they understand and accept the terms.
Run Cancellation Policy
|Days Out||By Life Time||By Participant|
|90+||60% Refund||60% Refund|
|Free Deferral||$10 5K/10K Transfer/Defer|
|89 or less||No Refund||No Refund|
|Free Deferral||$10 5K/10K Transfer/Defer|
No refunds on services fees, donations or merchandise.
Deferrals are only good for the following year in the same event, space permitting.
Deferral redemption deadlines apply.
No refunds on transactions over 365 days.
Life Time reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to deny entry, to revoke the entry application of any applicant at any time, and/or to disqualify any individual from the Event.
ALL CHANGES MUST BE COMPLETED/REQUESTED by Thursday, November 16 (11:59 PM ET), unless otherwise noted. All change requests after the deadline will need to be made in person during packet pick up. Change requests are not guaranteed, are limited based on capacity of the race at the time of request, and are first-come, first-served. Once the race takes place, no changes may be made to personal profile information (i.e. gender, category, DOB etc.)
Looking to change your race distance?
Need to change your race distance? Click here to log into your ChronoTrack account. Click “Change Race”, then select “Change to another race” to choose a new distance. If you are choosing a race option that costs more than your original, you will be charged the difference in registration fees. There are no refunds for a lower cost race option. The last day for online changes is Thursday, November 16 (11:59 PM ET). Changes to a category/division within a distance must be completed by the Athlete Services team via email.
Need to change your bio or contact information?
Please email our Athlete Services providing the old and new information to be updated – information like name spelling, date of birth, gender, email address, emergency contact, etc. These changes MUST be made with our Athlete Services team prior to race day.
For any issues with athlete registration changes, please email our Athlete Services.
Deferrals allow a participant unable to attend this year’s event to defer their registration to the following year ONLY.The deferral is applied only to the event in question – in this case, the Baptist Health Turkey Trot Miami 5K/10K & Kids Race produced by Life Time. Deferrals can only be applied to the same event the following year and cannot be carried over multiple years. Deferrals must be made online one week prior to race day (Thursday, November 16), after which requests must be made in-person with Athlete Services at Race Kit Pickup.
A deferral fee of $10.00 will be administered at the time you defer. Once you completed, you will be sent an email confirmation from ChronoTrack with your unique deferral code, a code needed to register for the following year. Your registration does NOT automatically roll over to the following year – you must officially register.
- Login to your ChronoTrack account
- Click “Change Race”
- Select “Defer my entry to another event”
- Follow steps to defer
How to redeem your deferral for the following year:
You will be emailed a notification (after the race date of your original registration) from the Baptist Health Turkey Trot Miami 5K/10K & Kids Race advising when you are able to register with your deferral code for the following year’s event. Your deferral code was included in your deferral confirmation email, and can be accessed anytime by logging into your ChronoTrack account.
This email notification will include the deadline to redeem your deferral. Once the deadline to redeem your deferral has passed, you have forfeited your spot and all associated fees. We will not be able to reactivate your deferral code. You will not receive any refund.
Important deferral deadlines:
For those who have deferred from the 2022 race to the 2023 event the deferral redemption deadline is November 16, 2023 (11:59 PM ET).
*There are no deferral fee refunds, or entry fee refunds related to expired deferrals under any circumstances.
BIB TO BIB TRANSFER
You may officially transfer your race entry to another non-registered runner, space permitting. All transfers must be submitted by Thursday, November 16, 2023 (11:59 pm ET), after which must be completed in person at Packet Pickup. For further details and steps, see the instructions below.
Before you begin the transfer process, please note:
- You will not be refunded/reimbursed for your original registration. Any transfer compensation must be arranged between you and the transfer recipient. The race organizers are not responsible for the terms of payment between parties in the transfer process and we do not condone the resale of registrations at elevated prices.
- The currently registered runner will be charged a $30 transfer/deferral fee to complete the transfer for full and half marathon distances and $10 for any race distance less than a half marathon.
- A new bib will be assigned to the race entry recipient only after the new registration is complete online.
How To Transfer Your Bib:
- Find a non-registered runner interested in officially participating in the said event. Race organizers do not participate in this part of the process.
- To complete the transfer, the registered runner will log-in to their ChronoTrack account, click “Change Race”, select “Defer my entry to another event”, then follow the steps to complete the deferral. A unique code will be auto-generated which may be used by the new runner to register for the event.
- The currently registered athlete will be withdrawn from the event.
- Once the registered athlete completes the deferral and pays the deferral fee, the unique code may be used by the new runner to register for the event at no additional cost.
- Once the transaction is finalized, the transfer recipient will receive an email confirming race registration.
- Once the transfer recipient completes the registration, the deferral will no longer be valid for the following year’s event.
Note: there is no guarantee a transfer may be made.
Any participant who transfers their race entry or race bib without following the above process will be removed from official race results and disqualified from participating in any future Life Time event.
Note: This policy is strictly available for race entry only. This policy does not apply to add-on packages. There are no transfer/deferral fee refunds under any circumstances.